Tuesday, April 7, 2009

One Last Day

We've had some beautiful spring weather the past four days, but tomorrow there will be cooler temps and an increasing chance of rain. Bob took advantage of the good weather today and transformed the flower bed in front of the house to a very pretty space.

It was also my last day of semi-retirement. Last week I went to hospital orientation, but the real work starts tomorrow. I'm nervous and excited, but not necessarily worried. It's always difficult to start over again, especially when you are 55. Somehow I thought that by this age I wouldn't have to go through any new beginnings, but I now realize that life is just a constant stream of newness. So, I've got my clothes all ironed and Bob has been instructed on how to assemble dinner. It's been a busy day of cleaning, shopping, clothes washing and cooking. Now I'm ready to relax and enjoy what's left of this one last day...

No comments:

Post a Comment