Thursday, April 9, 2009

Information Overload

After moving to St. Louis in 2004, I found the perfect job for that time in my life. I had always wanted to work in Hospice, but needed flexibility for travel. As an admissions nurse, I did not have to worry about following a caseload. Through those years I worked in Hospice, I learned an incredible amount and worked with a great group of people. It was hard to leave work that meant so much to me.

This week I feel blessed as it appears I have fallen into another great position. Everyone I've met thus far has been friendly and welcoming. It's just been two days, but I believe my new work will be interesting and meaningful. Going through radiation treatment is no easy task and I'm grateful that I can assist patients along this journey. I've worked with many patients receiving radiation during my years as an oncology nurse, but learning all the details of the actual treatment is a new experience.

As with any new job, I'm now in information overload. Although I know from the past that eventually new information gels into something coherent in the brain, for now I can only think, "How will I ever function and know all this stuff?". I'm so thankful to new co-workers who are patient, understanding, and kind...another blessing indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment