Sunday, February 8, 2009

Is it coincidence or cosmic?

My oldest son, Peter, will turn 31 on 2/16 and I will hit 55 the next day! It's always been a joke in our family that I will never have to worry about my first born remembering his "mother's" birthday. And, of course, he was the best birthday gift I have ever received. What's a little uncanny is the rest of the birthday coincidences in our family.

Bob's birthday is 6/18 and on that date in 1979 I had an amniocentesis to see if my second born to be was ready to arrive. I thought (and was hoping)that I might go into labor that day and have my c-section. But, it wasn't to be, and Stephen was born on 6/27. I always thought that was fun...two kids, each close to one of their parent's birthday.

Peter married Anne and her birthday is 9/27...easy to remember as it is 3 months exactly after Steve's. Then, Anne and Pete gave us our sweet Hannah who was born 6/16...so very close to Papa Bob!

Last week I found out that Angie's Dad is exactly one week older than me. And, Angie, Thomas, Peter, and I are all "Aquarius".

There are two final friend links...our sweet Lizzie was born on 11/5, which is the day before my dear friend, Jan's birthday. And, my dear friend Geri is just 3 weeks older than me.

I'm sure many families and friends have similar stories. It sure is interesting to ponder these connections that bind us together.

No comments:

Post a Comment