A few blogs back I wrote about the interesting connections you find among people you meet when you move to a new area. Today we met a couple who just moved here from Iowa City, which is about as small world for us as you can get. We were visiting with some folks at a Newcomer's Club morning coffee and in walked a couple who said they were new and had just moved here from Iowa City in October. We spent the rest of the morning comparing our IC notes and found some people we knew in common. The funny thing is that I've been meeting lots of new people lately, feeling a little overwhelmed by the process and mentioned to Bob that maybe we could skip the coffee today. He felt we should go and lo and behold, we had a great time. One of the comforting things about meeting people who have chosen to move here is how much they love it and I find that it reinforces our decision to move here as well.
I continue to be thankful for so many things in our lives. I'm most grateful for the friendliness of the folks we've met thus far. Today was a good day. We found the perfect chair for this one space we had left to decorate. And...(oh,no, I'm going to mention the weather again) we had a beautiful sunny day, could clearly see Mt. Baker, and had a nice walk along the water. Pure bliss!!
Happy Valentine's Day Party!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment