I have written before about how busy "semi-retirement" feels and I've been thinking about this a lot recently...I guess because "we're SO busy"! I'm even wondering if my saying "yes" to everything offered to me upon arrival in B'Ham was such a good strategy after all. The GOOD news is that I definitely feel connected and have met lots of people (case in point...I usually see somebody I know when I am out and about in B'Ham). The BAD news is that I'm beginning to feel stretched..............in all kinds of directions. Who knew that settling into a new life could be so complicated? Who am I kidding? I knew because we have done these transitions so many times before. And, maybe, that is part of it...I'm emotionally exhausted from TRANSITION!
Actually what set this "rant" off was looking at my calendar this am, seeing our summer plans and realizing we are ALL booked up!!! I remember last summer flying by and for some reason I thought this summer would be quieter...but, alas, that is not the case. Still, there are lots of fun times ahead and there is no reason not to take advantage of these opportunities...none, indeed, so why does it feel so overwhelming? I am taking some positive steps to back away from some commitments and I have promised myself NOT take on anymore right now. I know I am incredibly lucky to have the means and health to be at this point in my life. I know I will look back at this time one day and wish for the energy I now have. So, for now, I know I just need to take a deep breath & enjoy each and every day. I have a full day planned today and really should not be sitting here, writing this blog...but, it does feel good to sort through my thoughts. So, for now, I'm off and running!
Happy Valentine's Day Party!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment