Friday, May 27, 2011

Life is too Complicated....

...at least for this oldster. I just got through booking a ticket to New Jersey for a 35th anniversary nursing school reunion and boy was that a task! This is not a new process for me as I book all our travel and flights. How hard could it be to get a flight from Seattle to Newark? Famous last words! I started looking a few days ago and with prices so HIGH, it took me some time to digest the cost. Then, if you fly from the West coast, there are so many things to consider: do I really want to fly overnight, arrive at midnight in Newark by myself, have a four hour layover, etc, etc! These decisions were making me dizzy ( and I am already dizzy enough, thank you very much)!!!! I know the "technologically hip generation, ie, our kids and now our grand kids" find all this choice easy to navigate, but it just causes my anxiety level to spike!!! I almost gave up this morning and even sent a FB message to our reunion host and dear friend, Rosemary, that it was "not to be" for me. But...I thought I would try Southwest one more time and the deal that did not look good a few days ago, now looked just perfect. So, with credit card in hand and reeling in my emotions (I'm going, no, I'm not going, I'm going, no, I'm not going) I booked my flight, sent an updated "good news" message to Rosemary, took a deep breath and told her to contact the reality show people. I think "the hot, old, nursing chicks of NJ" has good ring to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment