This weekend we had the pleasure to attend the wedding of one of the old Iowa neighborhood "boy's" wedding. I know that Danny is "all grown up" as well, but as he and Elaine exchanged their vows, I couldn't help but think of him at age 7, walking to Lucas Elementary school with Peter. As each day turned into years, all of these kids grew up before our eyes. As I talked to some of the old gang from Iowa City last night, it was great to see the responsible, nice, "grown up " men they have all turned out to be.
Hannah will begin kindergarten in a few weeks. Peter and Anne's memories of the special moments in their children's lives have begun. And, I'm sure they will one day look back and have many of the same nostalgic feelings that I had this weekend. Danny's Dad, Jack, turned to me at the reception and said "Aren't we lucky to have our kids doing so well?". As I nodded in agreement, I felt deeply lucky, indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment