Saturday, June 27, 2009

30 years ago...

Thirty years ago today, Steve came into our lives. At 16 months, Peter wasn't quite sure what to make of his brother, but they ended up being good pals for each other as we moved from state to state. Steve still doesn't believe me, but he DEFINITELY was the cutest baby in the hospital nursery. We're so proud of the man he has become and most happy for his happiness.

I've been thinking a lot this week about how fast time is passing and how strange it feels to have two sons over the age of 30. It seems like a lifetime ago that I was the mother of two young sons. I don't know what it feels to be old, but years ago I believed I would feel old by now. But...I don't. I can see that my hair has more grey and my neck is beginning to do that "old person wrinkling" thing, but I still feel like a young girl inside. We used to chuckle at Bob's Dad when he would say "all these people are old", when he lived in assisted living. Now, I understand that sentiment and maybe some of us always continue to feel young, even as our bodies age.

I am excited for Steve that he has reached this milestone. He "really" is still young as we all know that 30 is the new 20. Bob and I wish him only more happiness as he and Angie share their life together. Happy, happy birthday to a great son.

No comments:

Post a Comment