We have so many things to be grateful for this year. Pete, Anne, Lizzie and Hannah have been so wonderful in their care for my Mom. I haven't been able to get to know my Mom's caregivers very well, but I get regular updates and I appreciate their care and concern more than they will ever know. On our last trip to IA my Mom's nurse's aide came up to me and said, "I just love your Mom". Her words were a priceless gift to me. I often have said that people who work in long term care are the unsung heroes of our health care system. A big thanks to Pete and Anne for being such great parents to two of the best granddaughters one could ever hope for.
And, finally, we are grateful for the rest of our family and friends that live far and wide. Our Christmas cards this year just reiterated to us how many special people we've met in our travels to Arkansas, California, South Dakota, Iowa, Virginia, Missouri, and now Washington. If there has been one constant in all for our moves, it's been that there are nice people everywhere.

No comments:
Post a Comment