Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Here Comes the Sun

The sun is shining as I write this...a good thing when you live in the Northwest. (See picture below). I remember listening to the Beatle's "Here Comes the Sun" over and over when I was struggling through life in high school. It always gave me a sense that things would get better. And, I wonder now, as we enter this new year if it again has significance for our lives. Our life has been a little crazy this year and we are incredibly thankful for all the support friends and family have given us these past months. Even though we've had our upheavals , the real news of this year is the election of Barack Obama!!!! I am a dyed in the wool, unabashed, "yellow dog" (my Missouri friends taught me that one) Democrat and I will never forget the excitement of hearing the newscaster announce "Barack Obama has won the presidency of the United States". In some respects I do feel for my Republican friends and family because we liberals have been down and out for a long time and know how that feels. It's not that I've never voted for a Republican (does Jim Leach count?), but the Democrats have always been the party that stood for the values I hold dear. I and so many Americans are beginning this new year with HOPE! And yes, maybe here does come the sun. There is much hard work ahead and I worry that Obama will be expected to do too much too soon. Still, his calming leadership style makes it seem like anything is possible. Angie's Dad, Step-Mom, and brother will be going to the inauguration. We will be with them in spirit. P.S. A yellow dog Democrat?... definition..."You'd vote for a Democrat even if he/she were a yellow dog"


Yes, Virginia, there is sun and blue skies in the Northwest. Also, notice our snow is almost gone!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry Kath. I'll bring you back something from the Inauguration! Not quite the same I know but at least you'll have a piece of history.

    ReplyDelete