Today on facebook I commented that "36 years ago I married the man of my dreams and he still is"! I know it sounds corny, but it REALLY is the truth. Despite the fact that we've raised two sons and have three grandchildren, it seems like just yesterday that Bob and I started this journey of married life together. I've often heard that marriage is something you "have to work at", but for me, being married to Bob is probably the easiest part of my life. It's not that we have not had difficult things to deal with. Bob's Mom died just 3 months after we were married and watching his Dad decline with Alzheimer's was very sad. Bob also was an amazing S-I-L through the years to a "needy" M-I-L at best. Probably our lowest point was the day he was diagnosed with testicular cancer, but radiation and a favorable diagnosis got us through that anxious time. Our moves were always a challenge, but looking back, we are grateful for the great people we've met and the interesting experiences we've had in the eight states where we've lived.
It's been wonderful that Bob was able to retire at age 55 and finding the beautiful PNW has been an extra bonus. We know that each day we have together is a gift and we try to live each day to the fullest. But, sometimes, it's just fun to walk to Wood's or Starbucks, bring our books, and read side by side. Thanks, Bob, for a life I couldn't imagine being any better!
Happy Valentine's Day Party!
11 years ago
I want to be you when I grow up.
ReplyDeleteMazel Tov on your anniversary!